I’ve posted a project status report for the first 4 months of 2014 to Wikibooks. Previous reports can also be found on that page.
Last year was the first year for the project, and was aimed at developing a technical foundation for our ideas. 2014 is a transition year, as we move from ideas to the physical. This centers around a research and development location near Atlanta. We have started a search for a location and are developing an equipment list to outfit it with. Other items to report include:
* Funding towards the R&D location is up about $6,000
* We are starting to get technical help from people besides myself
* I completed organizing the technical library. It is backed up and available for project members to use.
* We further developed the distributed “MakerNet” concept, which lowers the start-up barrier.
* We are launching our web address (seed-factory.org).